what punishment do you use for your about 25mos old???

my sweet baby girl is really testing me these days. She use to be so sweet and calm. She is the youngest of 3. Its typical terrible 2 stuff. She tries to be a BULLY to her older sibling! Right now she just yanked a bottle water out of her 5 yr old sisters hand. i sternly told her to give it back...I saw her eyes she was considering running with it! LOL But she gave it back and proceeded with her tantrum at which time I instructed her to go to the corner and to my surprise she ran and went! LOL Usully I have her sit and just take her away from the situation.

I was curious what do others do for discipline at this age? My older kids are 5 and 6 so its been a few years and my oldest NEVER had terrible 2's. When he talked was when he tested me more and he did not talk well till almost 3. I did not know what terrible 2's were till my 5 tr old hit them at around 18mos!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always did time out for my 2 year olds. Always with a warning first, like how Supernanny does it.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:50 PM on May. 17, 2010

• your child is old enuff to say he is 2 years old. i dont go around sayin mine is 55 months. lol thats just ridiculous. months are fine up to a year, after that use years.
    Anonymous

• I have been sending temper tantrums to her room. Otherwise I give warnings and then follow through on whatever I said that I would do. My LO can only come out when she actually calms down. I have to sit so that I can see the entrance to her room so that if she starts to come out still screaming I can point and she will go back. They usually last about 10-15 min.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:10 PM on May. 17, 2010

• i do time outs, and if the temper is bad, i send them to bed. they actually relax a bit and come back downstairs happy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:12 PM on May. 17, 2010

• OP HERE....I can use months if I want! How about you spell right and I did not say 55 mos...25mos and I did that to show she is a young 2 and not close to 3! SOme people use anything to bash..get a LIFE!
    Anonymous

• i never said you said 55 months, i said IIIIIII dont go around saying mine is 55 months!! maybe you should learn how to read!!!!
    Anonymous

• time outs.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on May. 18, 2010