Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm so hurt

my child father and i have been broken up for quite sometime now ..i love him to death and he says that he loves me but i cant i asked him could we try to work things out,i asked him could he just focus on us and not venture off with these other girls....he replied i dont know i can focus on us but at the same time i have to focus on me and what makes me happy ...and that involves i said how are you gonna try to work things out me and be messing with other girls...he told me what i do with you is between me and you and what i do with them is between me and them ..i told him forget it but im so hurt i feel like crying....he was my do i get over him please help its been almost three years ..its killing me

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • You move on. There isn't an easy way, I'm sorry. You have to split off from him and mourn the loss of this relationship. You need to view him differently, as just the father and not the lover/partner. In order to do this, you have to cry, get mad, feel sad and do this for several weeks if not months and don't cave into his desires for you "when" he wants you.

    Why don't you feel there will eventually be a nice man down the road waiting for you? When you're totally ready and done with him, you WILL find the right person. For now, work to get over him and then work on just being happy alone for a while. Good luck, I'm sorry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on May. 17, 2010

  • you need to find a sitter sometimes, and go out with your girlfriends, have a few drinks, and start dating. also, join a gym and start working out if possible, or get some work out DVDs and work out right in your living room. get a new hair cut, dye ur hair a new color, or do some retail therapy. go on a vacation too if possible.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:09 PM on May. 17, 2010

  • He is selfish. Work on letting him go. Sorry, Hun.

    Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:29 AM on May. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.