If you have a son that you left intact at birth, have you ever had any infection issues of note or hygene issues?

I'm sick of hearing people who have circed their boys complain about how it's "SO much cleaner" when they have no idea what they are talking about. I thought this would be a good way to hear how easy it is to care for the natural penis and get some real stories.
Naturally, having a part on your body that some had removed, there is a chance of it getting a sore or something...but is that worth cutting for? Lets find out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Nope. My son is 9 and we've never had ANY issues.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:08 PM on May. 17, 2010

• with my first son we were told to pull his foreskin back. after his second infection, we quit doing that and we have had no issues since. and our 2nd and 3rd sons have had no issues either.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:09 PM on May. 17, 2010

• To me it isn't that it is "cleaner", i just think it looks better. Honestly have you seen a MANS penis that is uncircumcised i just think they are unsightly
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:14 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Dicks are ugly no matter whether they're circed or not!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:15 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My son is 6 and he is prefectly fine b/c I LEARNED how to care for him, which is basically to LEAVE IT ALONE and not pull the forskin back! Its attached under there and pulling it back can cause all sorts of issues.

If you leave it alone, it is fine, just the way God made it to be!

Actually the other day my son asked me if daddy could pull his forskin back yet...and I told him daddy didnt have a forskin and then of course he asked WHY...and when I told him his jaw dropped on the floor and he asked me how someone could do that to a baby. Out of the mouths of babes.

Then he gave me a hug and told me he was glad I didnt let them do that to him!

Let me tell ya....infections...he has had about 20 EAR infections since birth...NO PENIS PROBLEMS...maybe we should have had some sort of ear circumcision ??? Sounds crazy huh..
    Anonymous

• mrsbean...its all on what you get use to seeing...society's rules. And TMJ is right, penis's are just strange looking period.
    Anonymous

• My son is intact 7 and no problems. One of these days society will change and natural penis will be more common. Its actually very close to being that way now. Most of the worlds men are intact.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:20 PM on May. 17, 2010

• mrs.bean...
    Some men think that the vagina looks better shaved clean...I think they are pedifiles. To each his own I suppose.
    i think the penis looks scarred and naked when circed...and I wish my DH didn't have to have a huge scar on his genitals, not to mention the nerve endings lost.

My son is 2 years old and I have never had a problem. A good soak in the tub and he's good to go! That seems way easier than explaining to him later why he has scar tissue on his penis. Also, we're at HALF in the US right now.
    approx 50% of boys today are intact...so that locker room isn't going to be lonely at all.
    Anonymous

• Both my sons are intact & the only problem we have had is my oldest had 1 UTI at the age of 9 because he wouldn't drink enough water!

Anonymous

• My BIL got an infection while he was at war. He had to get circ'd at the age of 23.

Does it really matter what anyone else says? You do what you feel is best for your family. I know we did the research and we chose what we thought was right for our family. That's all that matters!
    Anonymous