I give up! Im done!

My daughter is 2 now, and since the day she was born, giving her a bath has been pure HELL. And it is just getting worse. Last week on wednesday night, she threw herself down in the tub and bruised her face, i then took her to her doctor because the bruise was around her eye, and I wanted to be sure her eye was not damaged. So I get there, after telling the nurse what happened, I walk in and the police are waiting for me?!?!? They had CPS question me extensively?!!? Now tonight when I gave her a bath the ripped off my glasses in a fit of rage, threw them in the tub and jumped on them, now they're ruined. She rips at my hair and boobs, I have actual scratches on my face and chest from her attacking me during bath time. So Im done, she can be the dirty kid. I have taken her to the doctor sevral times, tried a few diff. doctors, and they just say "She'll out grow it, it's just a phase." ...a phase where i get...{cont.}

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hurt and scratched, and she gets hurt having me blamed for abuse. I can't do it anymore. Help someone?
    Anonymous

• can you call CPS and have them watch you try to bathe her? Seriously? This is AWFUL. I'm so sorry. Do you discipline her in other areas and is she receptive, is it only bathing?
    Anonymous

• just give her a bath with the cloth and water, dont bring her anywhere near the bathtub when you go to wash her that way she will be more calm, get her to lay on the living room/bedroom floor and get a bowl of warm water and wash her as if she was a newborn.
    Anonymous

• Is this the only time she acts this way? If it is, that just sucks. If not, then is there some kind of connection to the environment or stimulus? As in, is she over stimulated? Does she calm down when out of the tub? That's just crap that you have inquired about this at the dr and then they call CYS.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:15 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree with asking cps to watch bathtime. Have you tried bathing with her?
    Also I would cut her hair relatively short and give her sponge baths until she gets over it. You can also find some no water shampoo for her hair.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:17 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Wow I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. My son use to scream and fight the entire time he was in the tub and I hated bath time. I always thought it was suppose to be fun so I tried so hard to make it fun. He finally got a little better when I got in the tub with him and did everything I was making him do. He does great in the tub now and usually if he screams it's because he don't want to get out. It took us many years to get to that. He is 4 now you really just got to make it as fun as possible. Good Luck!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 9:18 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Do you have someone else that can bath her? Does she act the same with them? The only thing I would worry about anonymous :15 suggestion is that your daughter may behave different with someone there; that and personally I don't think you need someone from CPS in your home monitoring you like that. Have you tried just a sponge bath or wiping her down with a wet wash cloth without having to physically getting in the tub? How is she with pools? Is she willing to get in a pool? If she's open to pools and have no issues there have you tired just having "pool" time in the tub? Pool time in the tub meaning just having her in her bathing suit and just having some play time in the water/tub without washing her. Perhaps she just has some kind of phobia about water.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:21 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Sorry Im the OP, didnt realize I hit the anon button. Anyways, yes I disipline her and she is VERY well behaved. Then come bath time she is a monster. I dont even like to think that my own child is capable of some of the things she does to me and to herself during baths. It scares me. And CPS is coming to my home at some random time this week. So when they are here I think I'll show them bath time up close and personal. I really dont know what is wrong with her. I try to make it fun. I put in bubbles, lots of toys, bath crayons, I even tried putting my bathing suit on and sitting on the side of the tub splashing bubbles on myself. Basically acting like a fool to make her laugh. Nothing works. And anon 9:15 I have tried sponge baths...she is 2, she just struggles until she gets away. Its much easier to get a sponge bath when theyre newborns and cant go anywhere. Ugg...im stressed to the point of tears...
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 9:21 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Is it possible that your daughter has some sensory issues? Please google that, and mention it to your doctor. Also, find a NEW doctor.

Anonymous

• I would video tape it as well. That way you could watch, as well as get input from CYS, for any triggers.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:25 PM on May. 17, 2010