what is the best way to pick formula, does your doctor tell you what formula to use. or what, since there are so many kinds.

tommygirl_jmg

Asked by tommygirl_jmg at 9:24 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was born 6 weeks early, so he was in the NICU for a week and they started supplementing him on smiliac advance earlysheild so i just stuck with that. plus it says formulated to be more like breast milk, and it comes in ready made bottles.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:27 PM on May. 17, 2010

• If your on wic then they will tell you which one to buy otherwise just go with what the hospital uses.
    Anonymous

• You could save a ton of money, and provide your child with all the nutrients & antibodies they need by choosing to nurse or pump breastmilk.
    Anonymous

• We tried one for a couple weeks, if there was any issues like spitting up we would move on to another. Target brand formula is a great price and my son did wonderful on it.
    Anonymous

• BABY will tell you. How? He won't puke.

You'll get tons of info, and if you mark "breastfeeding" on every baby survey card you get you'll get full cans as samples. But baby will make the final decision.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:26 AM on May. 18, 2010

• My doctoprs office and hospital both recommended Similac advance with early shield. Its suppose to be the closest one to breast milk. And i believe thats what wic gives also.....
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:42 AM on May. 18, 2010

I'm sorry but I am SO tired of of hearing this statement. It's a marketing ploy. NO formula is going to come anywhere near breastmilk, it's what your baby was born to consume. It might be "closest" but they ALL fall very short.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 9:29 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I should also remind that the hospital and ped offices are heavily solicited by formula companies so that def. swings their "advice"
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 9:31 AM on May. 18, 2010