Why does my friend have to make me feel stupid?

I have had a very close friend since I was 12. But we are so different..she does not EVER want kids. She has made this VERY well known.

I have two and today she came over and saw a baby name book on my table. She held it up in a questioning way and I said "no I am not pregnant...yet"

Then she began to ask me WHY I would want a 3rd in a "your crazy" kind of way.

It hurts my feelings, I know how she is, but why does she have to be so negative about MY decisions.

Mainly just a vent...thank you! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Aww its ok hun, dont let her get to you.. there are alot of people out there that are like that. You could tell her that she hurts your feelilngs when she says stuff like that. ***HUGS***
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:27 PM on May. 17, 2010

• She can't possible understand it!!!! My friend has 2 and i try not to talk to much about how hard and expensive it is I just try to treat her normal because well she is.She is my BF in the hole world and I love her for who she is but i still give her a hard time occasionally. Good Luck and just talk to her she will understand.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 9:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It doesn't sound like she even notices that she is being insensitive when she says this stuff. She probably doesn't want kids because she is too selfish for them (sorry if that is harsh, but that's the reason 99% of the time). If she is selfish, then she probably isn't very good with empathy or seeing how her words and actions affect others.

I'd keep her as a friend of course, but take everything she says with a grain of salt. Just know that she doesn't understand that maternal part of you. Also, try to find a friend who is a mom that you click with just as well. Sometimes it takes a while, but it's worth it to have a friend who gets it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:40 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Tell her to very kindly to F*ck off. she isn't living your life nor supporting, so she shouldn't care if you do want another baby... find yourself a better friend... I got rid of a lot of "cool" friends because they weren't baby friendly... and My babies are way cooler than that!
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:59 AM on May. 18, 2010