How can I keep from being hurt from the behavior of my friends during this pregnancy?

I am 38 and expecting baby number 6. I have two that are going to college this summer so I will have 4 at home. My husband and I are sooo excited. Our last one is 9 so there is huge gap. I was kind of hoping my friends who are around my age would throw be a small baby shower because I have nothing at all baby wise. My friends who I was once very close to actually have not hardly called or have supported me in any way since I have been pregnant and this has been really hard for me. My husband says make new friends but this has been hard to do while going through a pregnancy. I guess my question is how do I release expectations of these friends and should I really be wanting a baby shower because this is my sixth child......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every child deserves a baby shower whether it is the first or the six!! I wish I could help you. Maybe your hubby could invite everyone and say it is a surprise for you. Maybe he could call one of your friends and say he got her number from your phone and maybe she will want to help and that might get the ball rolling. Or last resort invite all your family and friends over for a cookout/baby welcoming party, but don't include a baby registry and hopefully some common sense will kick in and they will come with gift cards, presents, etc
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:40 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I posted the other question below about a friend making me feel stupid about wanting a third.

I totally see your feelings. You want others to be happy for you b/c you are happy, but chances are they dont understand your decisions.

I dont get it either...sorry I wasnt more help. I just sort of know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• Well I mean if they were your true friends they would just throw you one if they knew you were in need....maybe talk to some family members or something.
    proudmamafeb

Answer by proudmamafeb at 9:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear your friends are not helpful, encouraging or supportive.
    You could ask them to keep an eye out at yard sales for the items you need and maybe that will remind that you need a lot for this baby.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Awww. well why don't you bring up the topic.. like " would it be better if I throw myself a baby shower, or if I planed a Welcome Home baby party?" they will get the idea. Or your hubby can make yours, My hubby is planning our baby shower!
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:55 AM on May. 18, 2010