How can people be so cruel to kids?

Im getting tired of turning on the television and hearing about all these horrible parents killing their kids or someone elses. It's disturbing it's like if you didnt want them you shouldnt have spread your legs. Theres always people that cant have babys that would love to adopt them precious things but instead they kill em , rape , and throw their poor bodys away like trash. I know theres a god but sometimes i wonder how this sorta thing can happen. Sorry i needed to vent stuff like this always lays heavy on my mind. I wish i could afford to help and take every kid out of that danger but i know i cant. All these movie stars set there and adopt kids from over seas and spend money to help kids over there when we have American kids here that is suffering. Man it just leaves a not in my stomach thinking of how many kids are going through that abuse right now. It sad and i feel helpless.

nicole341

Asked by nicole341 at 9:38 PM on May. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. I remember when my son was first born I heard this horrible story of a mother who did something to her new born... I won't say what... but it left me so horrified I couldn't sleep! I kept holding my son and crying thinking I'd just die if something like that happened to him! ...uh, I was pretty emotional after my son was born.

As for celebrities helping babies elsewhere, I don't really have a problem with that. Sometimes people just feel connected to a place and they want to help. I would never begrudge someone their good deeds just because the weren't done at home. Those babies in foreign lands need help too, and there are less options for them. Poverty in Africa or Haiti or in any third world country is not even in the same league as poverty in the US.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:45 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I hate those stories too, I can't read about them or they will stay with me for years, possibly forever. But then maybe it's good to remember those children. It doesn't make me question God though, it just proves to me how evil the human heart can be. God's standard is much much higher than ours, if he were to destroy bad people he would destroy us all, so instead He is patient with us all and gives us the opportunity for repentance. As far as foreign adoption, it doesn't bother me one bit. A lot of those children are suffering terribly, they have no hope of adoption in their country and if they aren't adopted often face a future of prostitution or crime in order to survive. A friend of mine who is a nurse recently told me that she saw a 14 lb 19 month old girl who was physically, emotionally, and in every other way at the level of a 6 month old. I asked her why and she said she had just been adopted from an African orphanage.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:40 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I ran out of room, but I don't think that little girl would have survived much longer in the orphanage and I don't think she is any less deserving of life than an American child. I wish I could help them all too, but of course I can't. I do hope to someday help some children though, through foster care or adoption. I have to get my husband to agree though so I'm not totally sure if it will ever happen.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:44 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I think I know what you're talking about Beckcorc....poor little boy.

I don't understand it either. I hug and kiss my baby all day long...can't imagine doing otherwise.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:02 AM on May. 18, 2010

• There is A God, and I feel the same way you do.. But we can always pray for them and God will care for us all . god bless your sweet soul.
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:50 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Yeah the stories bother me all the time sometimes it makes me sad that i have kids bc i know what a cruel world their gona grow up in. The world is so hateful.It's like the show Law and order i love that show but some of the stories really stay in you head. I mean im not so much against kids from there being adopted i just think theirs kids here that deserve a good home to. Well i told my husband that i wanted to adopt a kid from here later on when we are doing good enough. Because both my 1st and my baby on the way is a boy and I wanted a girl my second time but as long as it's healthey ya know. My husband wont give me another child later on so he said we can adopt wich thats ok bc i would love to take a child and love them as my own.
    nicole341

Answer by nicole341 at 2:49 PM on May. 18, 2010