i have a question about my sons testicles..."dropping"

he has been complaining that they are itching and bothering him all day today...well i went to put some powder on them for him (he is 5 by the way) and and i noticed they looked funny..different. they looked very saggy and one was a lot higher than the other. My question is did they "drop?" at what age do they drop? I hear men say this and i know nothing about this. Does it cause pain or discomfort or is my son just noticing this as well. He also pointed out to me that he feels a "pulse" ..i think this pulse he is talking about though is just when he inhales his testicles are moving up and down and he is noticing it. I don't know if i should be worried or what. Does anyone else have boys and has been through this and what age did you notice this dropping of testicles?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:46 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Bring him to the ped. perhaps he has a hernia. It doesn't sound great that one is lower than the other. If he feels a pulse, perhaps something is pressing on a blood vessel. Go to the doc to be safe.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 9:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• One testicle lower than the other is totally normal. I mean go look at your husband, I can guarantee one is lower. It is just how they work. I would make sure he is clean and give it a couple of days to see if it stops feeling weird. If it continues to bug him take him to the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:13 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It is normal for one to be slightly higher then the other, however if there is a big difference and his is expiriencing discomfort it's time for a trip to the pedi.

I beleive that the testicles 'drop' during puberty.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:38 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My hubby (sitting right next to me) said that maybe it was hot that day, and maybe he was just sweaty... " sweaty balls itch" according to my hubby. I know eww. and that the elasticity of the skin around the testicles changes with temperature.. But I think you should just take him into see his Doc anyway.
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:44 AM on May. 18, 2010

• thanks for the answers..i checked him this morning and they look normal again. I'm thinking maybe they looked that way from him scratching and tugging at them yesterday..idk. I have heard its normal for one to be higher than the other. I was more worried about the skin being so saggy. I mean, it was really saggy! But like i said i think it was from the scratching he was doing. If it continues i will be taking him to see him doctor.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:10 AM on May. 18, 2010

• take him to the doctor and see what they have to say
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011