Do you think to be the light of truth you need to have some information about the other side?

meaning... do you think for you to preach that YOUR religion is the right one, you should know what the other religions believe... or at least have somewhat of an idea what you are opposing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a unbeliever and an unbaptized soul I searched out all faiths to find the common and uncommon facts in each one. Do I feel it helped me get to the truth? Yes. Does this give me an advantage? Yes. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Now that I am a believer and a baptized soul- I have more understanding and compassion on why people feel this was and more. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:01 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I meant to say way where there is a was. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:02 PM on May. 17, 2010

• ah... you are a rare woman Daphna... I would love to know what faith your heart drew you to.

OP
    Anonymous

• I wonder ... did the disciples all know about the people they were preaching to? For example Paul was sent to the Gentiles but he raised as a jew and a former pharisee.

Sometimes God will lead someone to dig for information about other religions but more often than not He uses those that came out of those religions to turn around and minister and preach the gospel. For example... a Muslim who came to Christ will often be the one to preach or share the gospel to other muslims or someone who was abused will in turn share His love with others who have been where they have been. Sometimes God will give supernatural wisdom and knowledge about other people and their religion or their lives. So my answer would be No, not always.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I am a Child of Yahweh, and I attend Yahweh's assembly in Yahshua. I do beat to my own drum, so I can agree that I am unique. :P Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:34 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I also feel it is VERY important to know everything about your faith before going anywhere and preaching anything about it. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:11 PM on May. 17, 2010

• in order to be a light of truth, i feel it is only important to believe in that truth with all your heart and soul - then it shines out of you automatically. as far as knowing what that truth is, that is where i find it important to be open to all points of view - if you believe only what you have been taught, you do not understand how to decipher truth from non-truth, you are not learning, and your faith has not been tested.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:03 AM on May. 18, 2010