ok im confused, my husband wanted me to try and get along with his best friend

i did not like this guy for the longest time, after his wife left he would frequent the bars and pick up one night stands or just pay for hookers. well the guy moved back to town and my husband wanted to go hang with him, i was a lil iffy about it, thats when my husband said give him a chance, so we started talkin and him and i get along great and text off an on all day about his kids my kids, his hobbies, my hobbies ect. now my husband is pissed and forbade me to talk to his friend, and callin his friend a fucker and asshole, and now acts jealous of his friend. i dont get it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL, MEN! They drive us nuts!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• You text the dude all day and you don't get why your husband is mad??? duh as they say....
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:08 PM on May. 17, 2010

• op here
    but it isnt all day continued, its a few here and there. its not like im glued to the phone and ignoring my husband and everyone else. and its the fact the me and his friend get along that makes my husband mad.
    Anonymous

• He probably just wants you to be civil and friendly when everyone is in the room together. There probably shouldn't be any one on one texting or talking on your behalf without your hubby in the conversation. That's just coupledom-etiquette. :-)
    Anonymous

• You really dont get it???? Sigh........................
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• You text your husbands best friend all day. You really don't get what your husband is upset about?
    You're married and you're basically flirting with your husband's best friend. Texting back and forth all day is the same as if you were both single and looking to date. You don't do that when you're married. It's not appropriate. You two might be really good friends, but extending the conversations all day is beyond the limits. Your husband has a right to be upset.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Even if it's one or two every few hours that's still too much. He wanted you to give him a chance, not become his best friend.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• he didn't want you to be really good friends with him. he just didn't want to you disapprove of him so he could hang out with him without you getting upset. thats all.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Just wondering...maybe the friend has made a comment about you or something. In either case, your hubby is clearly uncomfortable. I'd back off.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:56 PM on May. 17, 2010