Hmmmmmm.....What do you think?.......

Is it politically correct for a woman (37) to date an older man (30 years older)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Politically correct.. Don't know about that.
    But traditionally older men dating younger women has been the norm in our society.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Personally, I think that if they are old enough to be your father, then that is a bit strange, but that's just my opinion.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:20 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Personally I would not date a Man that is 30 years my Senior but to each His/Her own right?

Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 10:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Whatever yanks your crank! Do what YOU feel is right, not what "society" wants you to do. Society is too superficial.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't care what is politically correct. If I like the guy I'd date him. Oh yeah I did!!!! Except I'm 20 yrs older than you and the guy was in his 80's! He was great and could rock my world. Then I met SO, 6 yrs younger than me. The rest is history. Do what you want to do. Just make sure he's single!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Personally, I don't care about being PC.
    I don't think that I could date someone that much older then me. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all. I didn't feel right dating a guy a year younger then me either. Always dated guys 1-2 years older then me. The biggest gap was 8 years, and that's the highest I would've gone while dating.

You have to what's right for you. If you want to date him then go for it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Politically correct means nothing. When I was 18 I met a man 75 who I thought was hott! I didn't date him though. I was very shy. Are you asking about Hugh Heffner? He's not really hott but he's rich and if someone were truly attracted to him and not for what he owned, more power to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 18, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with dating someone older than you (any amount of years). Just keep in mind that his health is likely to start going south while you're still fairly young and his sex drive will go down too... women typically don't hit their peak till they're in their 40's I hear, so it's something you've got to ask yourself.
    My hubby is 16 years older than me, and we do fine but there are things he can't do that men my age can and of course the health problems etc... btw, we're going on our 17th anniversary.
    I wouldn't trade him tho, so you do what you feel is the right thing to do for you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:30 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Who cares? No one's business but your own (if it's you!). Honestly, I don't give a rat's a*s about politically correct.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:03 PM on May. 18, 2010