Ladies with hard flooring....

How in the world do you keep it clean? I have tile through-out. I can sweep and mop, and in the next hour it will be dusty and gross again. I dust and I sweep. Im not a dirty person. It's beyond me how the floor keeps collecting debris. We have had wood floors too and they were not nearly as bad as the tile. So my question is... Do your hard floors do this and how do you keep them clean longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ok ive been having going through the exact same dilemma ! coz we recently moved to a new house with hardwood flooring. and ive never had to deal with hardwood floor so i was going nuts experimenting different things.
    firstly i vacuum the floors.. almost all vacuums have ''hard surface'' cleaning option. but if u are more specific in getting it COMPLETELY dust-free.. then get ure self swiffer sweeper with dry cloths duster pads.
    ok then i tried cleaning my floors with a good old mop. i used murphy oil soap (alot of my friends advised me to use that).. but i wasnt satisfied. it just wiped away the ''shine'' on my floors. so now ive recently switched to swiffer wet jet. cheaper than steam mop but has same results.. really good :) im a happy person now. hope u will be too !!
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Try throwing down some rugs... you'd be surprised at the difference!
    Anonymous

• for tile i would invest in a steam shark or some sort of steaming machine to both sanatize and uplift ground in food or stains, if you sweep with a sweeper and then steam you wont have to mop as much or really at all. Hope this helps, I was puzzeling a grape jelly stain made on our tile by my husband... and i used to use swiffer wet but it was too costly and didn't scrub as much as i needed it to, at least not 'grape jelly' kinda scrubbing :)
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 10:25 PM on May. 17, 2010

• A little dust doesn't bother me. It's impossible to stop!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:25 PM on May. 17, 2010

• also fabrics in the room help to pick up most dust and lint so a nice area rug that you can just sweep and leave alone helps greatly! opt for a slipcover you can take off and wash on furniture for more fabric and/ or cotton curtains. Good luck!
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 10:27 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I have a Eureka Envirosteamer. Love it and gets the floors clean. Cost me 80 bucks on Amazon.com
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:00 PM on May. 17, 2010