Been trying a toddler bed for a month now, should we go back to a crib?

My son is a little over 2 now and he was trying to get out of his crib so we thought it was time for a toddler bed. I have been trying all the suggestions people have given me but nothing seems to be working. My husband is falling asleep at work because we are up into the early am hours trying to get my son asleep. We are both just very tired and my son is so cranky throughout the day because he isn't sleeping. Has anyone tried a toddler bed then moved back to a crib? Did it work out or was it just a bad mistake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mistake. he will just try to ge tout again, mine used to get purposely stuck in the bars (her feet and such.. no serious appendages) until we would get he rout in the crib. toddler beds work well and sitting by the bed reading a story until they fall asleep is the only thing i can tell ya. that, or put the mattress on the floor, he might feel too secluded to sleep in a bed yet. ( i have heard of it before). he's just pushing his limits and reasoning with him by going back to a crib at his age seems too willing to put his happiness before his needs. you are the parent and you KNOW they need to sleep in a big bed eventually, but involving him in how he wants his bed arranged, which animals he wants in it and where it is located is all the bargaining that should be going on. anything after that is too mushy. patience, a soft voice, and a long story with not too many climax points will do it. or soothing music in place of reading.
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 11:17 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Put him back in the crib. He was more comfortable there. Just put the crib to the lowest setting, and lower the side bar. Put some pillows on the floor just in case he tries to climb out and falls. It shouldn't take a month for a child to get adjusted to a toddler bed. He doesn't NEED to be in a toddler bed right now-some parents keep their children in cribs until they are 3.5 years old.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:42 PM on May. 17, 2010