Update on the "negative SIL "

well this morning I posted a question about how to deal with negative people... basically - my future sister-in-law. No matter what I say to her she only talks about the negative ..

Anyways I went to the store today and tried to give it one more go when i seen a "quotes of marriage" book .. It was really a beautiful book and I thought might be a nice gesture since they do have their wedding coming up...

Well when I gave it to her, her response was " Wow,uh I do not have time to read ! " and then handed it back to me ... of course I could have been negative back to her and either shoved the $30 book up her ass or I could have even told her she could have reading time if she didnt sleep in until 2pm everyday...

But no...tomorrow I am going to return it and buy myself something pretty lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good for you! It is hard to be the bigger person sometimes, but it is worth it for the harmony of the family in the long run. Make sure it is something really nice!
    Also...maybe she can't read... lol
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:35 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I have a SIL I'm not fond of as well. Just do you best to limit time with her. Start no interactions. Just be as polite as possible when you are forced to be around her and avoid whenever possible.

And I hope you find something tomorrow for you to make you feel special.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:57 PM on May. 17, 2010