For all Christians!!

Do you feel when the devil is trying to make you stumble? Like do you feel when he tries to get you to act the opposite of how you are supposed to, or tries to get to you to say things that are not nice? What do you do in these situations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes- and I find that in these situations it is best if I pray or rebuke his influence. He is a constant reminder of evil in this world. EVERYTHING Yahweh says about him is true. May Yahweh be true and every man a liar. I stand by this. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:14 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Not necessarily. I think he's very good at getting us when we're not paying attention. Sometimes when I'm having a rough time or tempted, I'm really just feeling sorry for myself. That's a big one. Then I sit back and think, This is the Enemy.
    Anonymous

• yes, I quit drinking when I got baptisted. I am not a heavy drinker but I decided it was unhealthy and quit. Every once in a while I catch myself thinking one wont hurt me. I believe that is the devil trying to trip me up.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes... especially in our marriage. He has be trying to sabotage it from day one. My dh is starting counseling soon (he is emotionally abusive right now) to help save it. Not going down without a fight
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Yep and thats the extent of my answer... :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2010

• it's stuff like this that turns me away from christianity... instead of taking personal responsibility for our actions or learning to think ahead as to consequences, let's just blame the devil. it's so ridiculous. it reminds me of my ex who was a fundamental christian and would talk about god all the time but blamed the devil for his drug addiction, his cheating, and even had the nerve to write me from jail how he had found god again. but i guess "the devil made him" do something else because the fbi came to my door a few months later looking for him. what a bunch of bull. i am responsible for my actions, bad or good. me. it's not because i think i am god but because i think i am human and am capable of choosing either.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:04 AM on May. 18, 2010

• to figaro8895 - hmm it said to All Christians but you chose to answer... and have to ask are you a Christian?

Also, Christians do take responsibility for their actions, if we sin or give into the temptations that come from the devil, we did it...our choice, the devil cannot make us do anything, it is up to us to reject or turn from the temptation or to give in to it and commit the sin... and then of course suffer the consequences of that sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I am sorry that this turned you away from Christianity Figaro however Im not sure that was the only reason. I am wondering if anyone told you how much God loves you?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:42 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't' see the devil as a literal being, so no. I see "him" as a personification of our own inner "demons" or temptations.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:33 AM on May. 18, 2010