Does anyone know what could be causing these symptoms?

First of all, if things continue I'm going to try to save some money to go see a doctor. That being said, over the past few weeks, I've been experiencing the following and it keeps getting more frequent and worse:

Numbness and tingling in my fingers, hand and arm (mostly on the left side), and occasionally in my toes and feet.
Shortness of breath sometimes.
Blurry vision (and sometimes it gets really dark for a few seconds).
Dizziness.
Severe headaches (I'm used to getting migraines because I've gotten them for about 10 years, but this is different and worse).

Anyone ever experience this before? Thanks for any help.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:32 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Health

• First To heck with saving Money go to urgent care or er they will bill you and work out payments or even wright it off after filling out paper work for charity care.
    As some have said i may be serious i also may be as simple as a panic attack , I get the same symptoms. My Attacks hi out of no were . I keep so much bottled up inside that even when at the moment hings are calm all of sudden I cannot breath My hands tinkle My legs will also I found out from my Doct it is all Panic . Panic attacks are serious for in time they can lead to heart attacks. Get checked ! One thing I have learned in life is we will always have bills and well they cannot get blood from a stone. Keep me posted
    Blessings Robin
    SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 6:00 AM on May. 18, 2010

• This is not time to save money. I'm a nurse. These symptoms could be caused by a heart condition, a central nervous system condition, or even MS or something like that. You need to see a doctor about this. Seriously. And I hate going to doctors!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:35 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I'm a MA and I would say go to the ER.... it sounds like it could be something serious... I will say a prayer for you... Please keep us updated!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP here: It's not a constant thing. It just happens every now and then (like a couple of times a week). If I had to go to the ER, I'd be paying it off for at least a few years (I know because I'm still paying off a couple of really small bills from my pregnancy two years ago from before I had Medicaid). It usually just happens at work. I work in fast food and an EMT friend said it sounds like either panic attacks or my blood pressure fluctuating because of how stressful work is. I also don't get very much sleep most night (severe insomnia, I usually sleep up to 5 hours a night on a really good night).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:49 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Can you borrow a BP cuff from someone and test yourself when you feel this way? At least you could rule that out if it wasn't blood pressure.... What about blood sugar?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:53 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP: Hypoglycemia runs in my family. If it matters at all, I'll be 21 this year.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:56 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP: I don't know anyone with a BP cuff, but I could get one from WalMart or something. I had one while I was pregnant because they THOUGHT I had high BP (but I didn't, it was just high one time when I went to my OB right after my dad passed away). High BP runs in my family on both sides, though I haven't known of anyone under 35 having problems with it before.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:58 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP: Someone just mentioned that it sounds like stroke symptoms/warning signs to them. I'm on the pill, which I've heard can increase your likelihood to have a stroke or heart problems. But, as I said before, I'm not even 21 yet.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:20 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I had the same symptoms... I have an Anxiety disorder, or you could have High-blood pressure... go to the Doc!
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:19 AM on May. 18, 2010

• do you think this may be stress or anxiety related? if you do, there are things that you can do to take charge of your life. you can try yoga before bed, and try relaxation techniques to help you get better sleep. it sounds like you already know that is important. are you eating regularly? are you eating enough vegetables? are you drinking enough water? try 2 liters a day. many headaches are from dehydration or stress. i really love the serenity prayer for coping with stress, it helps to keep things in perspective, like scmom said, you can't get blood from a stone...or a turnip! remember to breathe deep several times throughout the day, yoga helps with this too. often times we breathe so shallow, that our body never really gets all the O2 it really could use. i would try a chiropractor before a regular doctor, especially if i had to pay cash.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:31 AM on May. 18, 2010