A question for all moms who vax/don't vax, circumise/don't circ, live green/don't live green, home school/public school, and any other argument you want to insert

I have seen post after post about why moms do or don't do certain things for their kids. What I never really see, is how does your decisions for your children affect my decisions for my children.

Example: I don't vax because shots contained blah, blah, blah and your dumb if you do, and I vax because blah, blah blah and your dumb if you don't.

We do what we feel is in the best interest of our own children. With that being said, why do some moms feel the need to bash other moms for their decisions when at the end of the day my decisions only affect my child and your decisions only affect your child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• ROFLMAO! So, you want a thread that is thousands of posts long, do ya?? Ha! Sorry, can't help ya! I'm all debated out today!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:42 AM on May. 18, 2010

• because they are controling bitches who like to make other women feel bad for doing what they think is best for their own children. i do vax. but i dont care that you dont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Because they are petty and insecure and cannot keep their nose in their own business. Cafe Mom is their life and they have no other interest.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:46 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Yeah.... I have no problem answering a person I disagree with by just saying, this is what I do and why, and this is the outcome or how it works for me. I think it's great to be able to share ideas, but there is really NO point in fighting.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:49 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I started the topic. I basically just want to see how many moms don't actually care what other moms do. IMO, the moms who have nothing better to do than bash other moms for their decisions just need to find a hobby that doesn't involve meddling in other peoples lives. I don't care what someone else does in the best interest of their child and they shouldn't care what I do but I certainly don't want their opinion about how I'm a bad mom because my views differ from theirs. Know what I'm saying? It is just so ridiculous to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree we all do what we think is best for our kids and its so aggravating to debate about what we aren't going to change. So I vax no matter what you tell me that is my choice. Its all so childish!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 18, 2010

• You can't ever say what you do and decide does NOT affect others. Everyone is connected in one way or another. Your child who is unvaccinated and gets whooping cough could spread it to a vulnerable baby who in turn has to spend months in the NICU. Sure a little dramatic but my point is the choices you make do affect others even if it's indirectly.

So I can see why people argue endlessly about these topics.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 18, 2010

• As long as you're not abusing your children, what you do is none of my business! I raise my child my way, you raise your child yours.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:56 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Anon @ 11:56, I totally smell what you're stepping in. Some things do affect others but like the whole circumsizing issue just make me laugh. Like seriously, how does my sons foreskin or lack thereof affect you and your child? See what I'm saying?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree with anon at 12:43
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:54 AM on May. 18, 2010