Why all the drama?

Between SAHM and WM? I don't get it. SAHM do it because it is what they feel is best for their family and WM do it cause they feel it is best for their family. So if everyone is doing what they think best for their family why do they hate each other so much? Aren't our children and families the most important? Or are women so hung up on the drama that they forget what's important? I have been on both sides and there is no better one, really.

BTW I don't know where to post this.

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 12:51 AM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you. If someone is a SAHM how in the world does it affect YOU PERSONALLY to the point where you actually have anger over it? If someone is a WM how in the world does it affect YOU PERSONALLY to the point where you actually have anger over it? It makes no sense to me. I think a lot of it is bitterness and jealousy.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:58 AM on May. 18, 2010

• idk i feel like many SAHM's think moms should stay home because the children get to be with the mama all the time, or like its whats best for the kids
    While a lot of WM work because they do not have the option to just stay home
    Im a SAHM and would work right now but my office is slow and Im not wasting my time being somewhere when im not profitting either way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't get it either. I have so much respect for both sides. I became a sahm because I had to but now I do it because I want to. It takes a lot of patience to be a sahm. I don't know how working moms do it, especially those who work full time. It has to be hard to work all day and come home and try to do a million things and spend time with their kids and still make it to bed at a decent time.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 12:58 AM on May. 18, 2010

• because woman are insecure.. the easiest route for most woman to feel better about themselves is to put down those with opposing views. If we feel so strongly about what we are doing, then those doing the opposite must be wrong or what we are doing might not be best, and I think most woman actually wonder if what they are doing is the best. So to build themselves and their position up, the tear down the comlpleat opposite. this isn't just apparent with sahm and wm... vax and anti vax, cuirc and anti cuirc, forwardfacing and extended rear faceing, homeschool vs public, bf vs ff..... shall I continue? I think the woman who take no side and live their livers are the ones secure with who they are. Those who bicker need to examine why they insist on standing so hard and tearing another down. it is possible to express views and do it respectfully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 18, 2010

• i'm a sahm. i love it. but sometimes i get tired of it and will take a part time job. whatever works for you is cool with me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:14 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't know . . . there wouldn't be so much drama if people would just focus on their own lives.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:00 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I've been both, so I respect both.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:41 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree with you OP. I've been both, though I've been a SAHM a lot more than a WM. I think that as long as the family is happy with the decision, then it's the right thing for your family.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:11 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree with you. But as long as there are choices as to how you raise your child(ren), there will be drama. To vax or not, cloth diapers or disposable, breast or formula, work or stay at home. Women are just catty and there will always be something to fight about.
    I wish it wasnt that way. I think the more moms that unite and back each other up, support one another... the more peace there'd be. At least on here lol. Choices we make in regards to our family are our own personal choices. No need to take it and shove it down someone else's throat. But arguments like this own, yours and PP's will fall on deaf ears... because drama is all some ppl have.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:12 AM on May. 18, 2010

• *one
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:13 AM on May. 18, 2010