HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY DAUGHTERS HAIR TO GROW BACK?!

ok so just the other day me and my family were at a relatives house....my daughter had braids in her her hair(french braids) including one that ran down the front side of her head...on the way home i realize that the braid in the front is hanging when it should be still connected to her head...i look closer and i find out that apparently the braid was snatched from her head some how....no blood...no tears just no hair...now she has a bald spot....how long will this take to grow back...and is there anything i can do to get the process moving....there is still a tiny bit of hair still there. i could really use some feedback because i am devastated over here!!!

MOM_OF2-612

Asked by MOM_OF2-612 at 1:13 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• On average hair grows 1" to 11/2" per month. Other things like genetics also affect the rate of growth. Judging from your pics, I would say within a month or so you should start seeing new growth. I would also use growth aids like bee mine in the mean time. Dont worry too much about it. If the bald spot is in the front of her hair. Just use head bands to cover it in the mean time. My DD also had the same thing happen to her hair. No more braids here. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on May. 18, 2010

• AWW poor baby! I would be devestated as well!!! It will take a while, anon above is right... As far as making it grow back faster, I think it would be best to just let it grow itself but we personally don't like adding chemicals to our body that we could do without... but it's all up to you! I have no idea what could help it grow faster even, but I bet in a few months you won't even be able to tell anything happened! I'm glad she wasn't severely injured and is ok... except for that peice of hair. Is there anyway you can do a combover type hair style in the meantime? GL mama!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:05 PM on May. 18, 2010

• yeah, @ anon, definitly no more braids over here either...and @ 07lilmamma no i cant pull off a pullover but there are acouple of ways i cant kind of hide it.....and thanks to both for the advice, i feel better now.....
    MOM_OF2-612

Answer by MOM_OF2-612 at 1:32 PM on May. 18, 2010

• mine took 1 1/2 years! its good tho cuz how i have to do it everyday!
    marcy2115

Answer by marcy2115 at 8:29 PM on May. 18, 2010