Job interview! Im nervous!!!

I have a job I'm going to apply at on Wednesday, and I'm really nervous! I used to never get like this!! I haven't had a REAL job in about 2 years being pregnant and staying at home with my daughter. right now im working a little part time job, nothing big.
What are some good pointers for the interview itself, and some great points to make on my resume??

Thanks!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:36 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Congrats! Just be yourself:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:37 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Use proper English in your interview, and especially on your resume!!!
    Example: You say... "I have a job I'm going to apply at on Wednesday"
    It would sound better if you were to say " I am going to apply for a job on Wednesday."
    People often misuse prepositions such as "at" and it can make you sound less intelligent then you really are!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 18, 2010

• ugh i didnt get a job, had an interview earlier today. said i'd know by the end of the day. never got a call :/ and it seemed like the interview went really well. wtf, i can never seem to get a job, shoot these days i cant even get called for an interview. i hate this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on May. 18, 2010

• LMAO anonymous...Youre definitely right on that one!!!

ahahah ill make sure i speak correctly on my interview day. Seriously, ill think of you:) Thanks!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:12 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Bring several copies of your resume.

Do research on the company, and be prepared with great questions.

Check to see if anyone in your Linkedin network is connected to the company, and try to get some "inside scoop"

After the inteview, immediately send thank you notes (email is fine) to every person you met with. A thank you note should have three parts: thank you, reiterating why you are a great fit for the position and company, and (this is the hard part) something you thought of after you left, that lets them know that you were thinking about the position.

Feel free to send me a message offlist if you have any questions (I do this for a living)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Oh Good.... I was hoping you weren't thinking I was being obnoxious =) Good Luck!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 18, 2010