i seem to be being attacked as a parent lately...

a lady in the store today saw me check my 4 month old sons diaper by feeling the front of it. she told me i was being inappropriate with my son. i coulda punched her in the face. how dare her. isnt that how most people check a diaper? ive see tons of people do it. and then later my friend told me i let my baby sleep too much. he sleeps about 11 hours thru the nite and the 2 hour nap in the day. hes on a perfect schedule. hes healthy, happy, and very active when hes awake. he never cries. i dont think my baby sleeps too much...why are people so rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I check my boys' diapers that way. It's your kid and who cares what they think. As along as your not neglecting or abusing your son, then you are allowed to parent the way you want. If you son is healthy, happy, and well taken care of, who care if he sleeps 11 hours. I would kill for that kind of sleep!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 2:29 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I gotta agree with mommyerin!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:53 AM on May. 18, 2010

• you know how some mothers are... They try to question your parenting style because they suck at being parents. just chill and don't pay attention to negative comments.
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 5:52 AM on May. 18, 2010

• some parents thing they are perfect parents. Do not worry about it. My daughter sleeps 12 hours at night and takes anywhere between a 30min to a 2 hour nap everyday. They need to sleep, that is how they process everything they learned during the day. I check my daughters diaper the same way. How else can you tell how wet they are. You are doing great mama!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:42 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Try cloth diapering, giving the baby potty opportunities before they can even hold their head up, cosleeping, breastfeeding past 6 months, delaying solids, skipping jar food and going direct to tble food, not having a fixed schedule, using legs warmers instead of pants, wear your baby in a sling...especially on your back, and not dressing your baby in four layers of clothing... There will be chatter then!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:46 AM on May. 18, 2010

• She basically called you a pervert, but really, it sounds like SHE is the one with the perversion. Don't worry , some bozo is always going to have an opinion, which they are entitled to, but you are likewise entitled to telling them to STFU and mind their own business :)
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 9:23 AM on May. 18, 2010

• You're going to get unwanted advice all the time now. If it sounds good, try it. If it doesn't, smile and nod and completely ignore it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:30 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I check the front of my boy's diaper to see if it's squishy or not.

As for the sleep, actually just 1 nap a day isn't as much sleep as experts recommend for a 4 month old. 3 naps a day is the norm for a baby up to around 6 to 7 months and then they graduate to a 2 nap day.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:22 AM on May. 18, 2010

• amileegirl, thats hilarious! thanks guys. i know im a good parent, its just nice to hear someone else say so too
    Anonymous

• How else are you supposed to check a diaper? geez...
    if it makes you feel any better my daughter was squealing all through the grocery store the other day and someone behind me in line was making comments about how I need to teach her how to be quiet in the store. ummm...how exactly am I going to tell a 4 month old to be quiet? and it was a HAPPY squeal, not like she was crying or anything
    Anonymous