I don't really know how to take this comment. How would you?

DH is coming home from out of country job. This whole time he's been gone, I've not seen hide or hair of his snooty sister. Once or twice from anyone in his family. They are all major users. They depend on him for every thing and SIL especially is real selfish. SIL's house is being built and she commented on DH's Facebook profile that she wished he was here...TO HELP BUILD HER HOUSE! Her and her fiance don't want to have to pay anyone but WTF? What a nice thing to say to a family member..."wish you were here to help me" not "I miss you". Now I really don't want to tell them he's coming in early! She is going to expect DH to be slaving away for HER! I'm not going to say anything to her, but I just thought it was real crappy to say she wished he was here for free labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate that some family do that my hubby's dad does and not only does he not offer him anything in return the man doesn't even thank my hubby/his son! If we could afford to move away we would but now we just make up excuses not to visit or why we or my hubby can't make it down there...some family you just can't live with at all and sometimes you can only tolerate so much, I would have discussed how I felt with my hubby and I have about things like that and he understands sometimes agrees with me but I think it is wise you don't say anything to them, really it isn't your job to inform them of when your DH comes home or anything else concerning him you and your family...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on May. 18, 2010

• You're right, it's very rude and selfish. What is wrong with some people?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:32 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I am just fed up with his family, really, and it took every thing I had not to call her out. They are all good at manipulating and making DH feel like he has to help them because "no one else will." Grrrr. And it's gonna start back up again when he gets here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on May. 18, 2010

• This is exactly why moving to the other side of the country is sounding like such a WONDERFUL idea to me...stuff like that. Ugh. Good luck.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:44 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP HERE_We bought our house only 3 years ago, but if it weren't for my sister and my cousin, OMG I would move to the other end of the Earth to be away from the in laws. They are just so tacky, and expect way too much from my DH. HA...I can't wait to hear the whining when they find out I knew he was coming early! MWAH HA HA! I'm going to tell them why, too. Because they can be smothering some times. If they freak out, OH freakin well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP here= he said he saw her comment and that he thought it was rude. But he said he is going to do the ignore and avoid. Ignore while he's away and avoid when he's here. LOL. Especially her.
    Anonymous