What sports or activities does your tween participate in?

My dh loves her violin and fencing, and is okay with gymnastics. Any other suggestions for the summertime to keep her busy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sounds to me like you have it covered. Give her sometime to be a kid, too.

My son has baseball and Boy Scouts. Scouts keeps us very busy!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:21 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Play with her in the yard....anything revolving around sports. Take her to a local park and let her play on the play scape. Do things that she can't do when she is in school.
    momof349

Answer by momof349 at 8:58 AM on May. 18, 2010

• My son balls baseball and soccor. My daughter plays soccor also. She loves to play with her friends and go swimming. Swimming is a great thing to do during the summer. I go with them and if I don't feel like swimming I just carry me a book.
    BjFuller

Answer by BjFuller at 1:45 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Give her a box of craft materials some empty appliance boxes and let her free in the backyard you probably wont see her for a few hours
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 1:32 AM on May. 19, 2010

• At this age my sons were involved in Pee Wee football and also in the summer rec program through the community.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My son has played baseball since he was 5, he has also played basketball, and football. I say let her try any sport that she wants to try. Make her give each season a chance, but don't force her to play after that. I also agree with letting her be a kid. Summers are the best times for a child. Don't fill hers up with so many activities that she doesn't have much free time.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 5:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nothing... They don't want to. I'm not going to force them.
    Anonymous

• My community offers free tennis lessons in the summertime which my daughter enjoys, along with hip-hop dance. She also enjoys swimming and playing on the trampoline. Have you looked into a daycamp maybe? I know our local YMCA has an excellent daycamp program!
    Anonymous

• that sounds like A LOT! We are going to do library programs. My SD & SS are in softball and baseball. we only do one extra curricular at a time because it is too much on the kids.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:44 AM on May. 21, 2010

• my poor dd is the jack of all sports and the ace of none...(i would only say that on here. my dh and i talk about it.. we are going to pay a small fortune to play tennis this summer. she is pretty good at it...she also like swimming.. she plays soccer.but on a recreational team.. my town is very sports oriented...its sad...very competitive...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 11:56 AM on May. 21, 2010