whats the deal with pampers diapers?

im hearing all this stuff about how pampers cruisers and swaddlers are giving babies blisters and chemical burns. i have to say id never know this if it werent for the internet. because my son uses both of those and i absolutely love them. he hasnt had any of those things. i dont like huggies because they leave little moisture crystals all over my sons diaper area. and when he wears luvs, poop tends to squirt up his back and make an explosion. i love pampers. is this true or is it a buncha mommas being dramatic and bored?

sstokes86

Asked by sstokes86 at 3:33 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I'm sure there have been some babies with issues but neither one of my twins has had problems with the pampers. I love pampers. They work the best of us. I have had issues with off brand diapers causing irritation but I think its because the off brands don't pull moisture away like the pampers do!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 3:38 AM on May. 18, 2010

• All kids are different. My daughter gets the chemical burns like they describe from any diapers BUT pampers. I have tried huggies, luvs, parents choice,and target brand and her poor little butt will be raw and bleeding by the next diaper change.
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 3:41 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I LOVED pampers swaddlers and the old cruisers. my dd used them and they were awesome! Now, they suck! I KNEW there was something new with them, but didnt know for sure. this was weeks ago as well. wasnt until last night i read something about it.
    My dd got a HORRIBLE rash on her legs lower back butt and vagina that was bleeding and bumpy. it was really sad. DAMN YOU PAMPERS!!!

:( im sad though because i used to love them. :/
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:15 AM on May. 18, 2010

• All babies bottoms are different... my daughter was allergic to huggies, and then we tried pampers. they worked great... Luvs sucked... ^_^
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 5:30 AM on May. 18, 2010

• There is nothing new about disposable diapers being toxic goo. This is one of the many reasons we used cloth. Our were most second hand; we probably spent as much on diapers over four years as most families spend in a month.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on May. 18, 2010

• The story is true, I heard it on the news too. It's the ones that have the "drymax" whatever that means. This is not P&G's first run in with toxic diapers. Anyone remember "Refresh" tampons and that first case of TSS caused by a tampon? P&G put the same chemicals in their diapers (this was in the 80's with the exact result you might imagine... babies with TSS). This new chemical blister thing I don't know a lot about, but it is true.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:36 AM on May. 18, 2010

• The new stuff is the same as the old stuff. It's got the same ingredients, it's just applied to the diaper in a different way. Some babies reacted badly to it. There are some pretty solid accusations of the initial few moms 'coaching' others into telling their stories so the details fit in to what they say. Making sure the moms don't use the word 'rash', but use the phrase 'chemical burn' for example.
    My son gets cracked, bleeding blisters and rashes from swim diapers. Any brand. Betcha a million dollars its the same absorbent substance that is found in any other diaper, but for whatever reason it doesn't react well against his skin. I'm not seeing this as an actual public health concern, more like some pointless drama. (Wanna bet the first complaints were from CM members?)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Some babies reacted badly to the diapers - end of story. I use Pampers, never had an issue - in fact, I don't know anyone personally that has had an issue. The story has been sensationalized to the point of being ridiculous. If Pampers work for your child, use them. If they have a reaction, don't. It just not that hard.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:44 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Well my son uses the new drymax Pampers and he has not had any problems. I won't buy Luvs or Huggies because they leak horribly so we use only Pampers on him-- and no more leaks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I have never encountered that problem with my children but I was like that. I've outgrown it for the most part but if we use Pampers diapers for too long I start sneezing like crazy and my hands get really dry from changing diapers all the time.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:40 AM on May. 18, 2010