The jury is still out on whether or not cell phones cause cancer. There have been many studies done, but it is still not sure???

What would you do if they said tomorrow, cell phones cause cancer? I am debating getting rid of mine anyway because of the hemming and hawing. I suspect some sort of cover up. Just thinking of all the money involved. Anyway, what is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think the jury's out they have proven they cause cancer. I think people just don't want to hear it, so we do nothing.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:54 AM on May. 18, 2010

• We don't have cell phones, but we do broadcast a wifi network, which is a similar kind of radiation.
    Cell phones emit radiation. Most matter radiates, but the kind of radiation emitted by cell phones is...somewhat dangerous. Our skin is one of the best defenders against radiation -- most radioactive particles bounce right off us. With cell phones, you are bypassing a lot of that natural defense because you hold the damn thing up to a hole in your head.
    Logic would say that there has got to be at least SOME increase in cancer incidents. Unfortunately we live in an increasingly radioactive world, and I think it would be next to impossible to determine if any cancers were caused specifically by one kind of radiation over another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on May. 18, 2010

• There are MANY things we encounter in our everyday lives, that with constant contact, can cause cancer/tumors, because they emit some degree of radiation, (TVs, microwaves, DVD players, cell phones and computers). It's been suggested that use of laptop computers (while on your lap) can cause ovarian cancer in women (perhaps testicular cancer in men) and police officers who regularly use speed/radar guns because they often place the guns in their laps when not in use, have been known to get testicular cancer. I have no doubt that those who CHRONICALLY use such devices in close proximity to their bodies are MORE likely to develop brain tumors, BUT, as always, every person is different, and each of us has varying degrees of "immunity" to cancer causing agents, and the key to EVERYTHING in life is moderation! In the medical community the jury is still out as to whether such incidences are the result of correlation or causation!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Yes there are many things that expose us to cancer. But the fact that people who wear a phone on the same ear everyday are getting tumors on that side of the head is pretty frightening. And it's not even isolated incidents. It happens all the time.  I am guilty of ignoring it.  I have a cell phone.  But it's only for emergencies and I would never wear one on my ear.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:52 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Oh my friggen Lord, everything causes cancer..............................................
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:38 AM on May. 18, 2010