rice

so my dog got a hold of a plate of brown rice and ate a little now she is throwing it up all over the place. i thought rice was good for dogs. what could i do will it harm her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If she's throwing it up she'll probably be okay. I would think that if rice were a threat it would be because it can expand in the belly and cause bloat if it wasn't already fully expanded when she ate it. If she's throwing it up I'd think that is a good sign.

Maybe some better experts will chime in though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:52 AM on May. 18, 2010

• My parents take in abandoned and abused dogs. Have for most of my life. We have always fed the severely abused dogs rice, liver, ground beef, and vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) to begin to establish a secure 'relationship' with them. Never had a problem with rice... Could it have been something else? Or that the dog ate it too fast?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:07 AM on May. 18, 2010

• all i know is thats all it ate that i can see and when it throws up it looks like a pile of rice
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 7:16 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I was just talking to my mom and she said depending on the size of the dog, it may have over-eaten. Some dogs do even have food allergies, rice included... Check the label of the dog food you normally feed your dog, is rice one of the first 5 ingredients? Good Luck

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:07 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Could it have been something else? Or that the dog ate it too fast?

it may have over-eaten

********
    Both are good possibilities
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 18, 2010