Advice on potty training a 3 yr old girl!

We have been trying to potty train our 3 year old for the last 6 months with varying degrees of success. She has her good days and not, but I'v noticed any time she gets excited and her bladder gets full she will pee her pants. Does anyone have an advice on the best way to avoid this? I know you can set yer alarm for evry 45 minutes to go off, but I've tried that and she doesn't always have to go that often, if we tell her to try she throws a huge tantrum.... any help would be awesome

Lionymoe

Asked by Lionymoe at 6:49 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had this same problem. I read several books and articles online about it, and all of them failed for me. What I did was I just eliminated her pull ups, with the exception of night time. I made her wear nothing but her big girl panties all day, and if she threw a fit about it then I let her run around naked, which after a while she got tired of doing because she realized that she was not allowed to go outside and play naked! Also, everytime I had to go I would ask her to come potty with me. I'd sit on the big potty and she would sit on her little potty, then when I was done I would ask her if she wanted to switch potties with me. lol Yes it was interested sitting on a potty that was 4 inches off of the ground but she thought it was hilarious. These are just little things that I tried, and it certainly didn't happen over night, but once the routine because normal for her she started going on her own to impress me.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:11 AM on May. 18, 2010