What is the difference between this and magick? (3)

Numbers 5
This passage talks about a ritual that a man was to preform on his wife if he thought she was unloyal.

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:01 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• link here 

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:02 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Again, like your other questions - this question also glosses over the very real differences in beliefs. A religion is more than the outword ritual that is performed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 18, 2010

• wow...you obviously DONT have any answers...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:12 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Apparently there was no such "test" for the faithfulness of a husband. Talk about a double standard!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:41 PM on May. 18, 2010

• This was how things were handled before Christ came. It was part of the law.

Sugahmamma... In everything concerning rituals.... there is a true from God and a counterfeit from the devil ( I understand you believe in neither but I do)
    I understand why you are asking these questions. You are wondering how Godly men can do rituals like this that seem like magik to you. However there is a mis understanding in how things are done and the source behind it. In this case the source is the Kingdom of Heaven and it is pure where as the enemy when he does these things there is a different agenda involved.
    God's purpose is to teach a lesson, to teach his children that there are consequences for their actions as any loving Father would do. The counterfeit does the exact opposite and has an adverse effect.

To type I want to say would take days lol there is SO much info but I cannot put it all down here. continued..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:45 PM on May. 18, 2010

• All I can say is keep researching, keep seeking and learning and never stop asking questions! God loves questions and will not get mad at you or anyone who asks! :-)
    I will do my utmost best to answer when I can but there is so much I leave out because its best in a conversational setting with a group of believers. I wish you could sit and talk to my pastor and the many amazing leadership in my church, you would love them as they will NEVER put you down and will answer as much of your questions as they can and in a loving way too!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• still... not magick... there were rituals used in the OT because people didn't have the holy spirit dwelling in them b/c baptism wasn't around yet. Jesus hadn't come and brought that possibility to people. there were rituals used to "cleanse" someone, just as baptism washes away our sins (assuming our heart is there) and grants us new life.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:49 PM on May. 18, 2010

• there were rituals used in the OT because people didn't have the holy spirit dwelling in them b/c baptism wasn't around yet.
    ********

No actually they worshiped the same way many other religions of the times did. And when they expanded their power range; they incorporated more pagan traditions and rituals giving them different names so the pagans would feel more comfortable with their conversion. Read a History book or two.
    Anonymous