Stay at home mom becoming a working mother.

Ok, so I have been home with my son for 20 months since he's been born and now I am going back to work. I am freaking out and don't know why. He is staying with my mom and my mother in law so I know he is in good hands, but I am still freaking out. My question is Is this normal? and How can I make this transition for him as comfortable as possible? Thank you ladies. I love this website!!!!

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 7:07 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will be okay. It's always hard to leave your little one, but thank goodness it is with trusted family. Keep your camera in your diaper bag, and ask them to take pictures throughout the days and send them to you! :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Yes it's normal to feel this way. Congratulations on going back to work, and just keep in mind that both grandmas will take very good care of your sweet little blessing. I agree with anon :24, keep your camera in the diaper bag and share the pics! Have a blessed day!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:43 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Good for you! Now is the time to establish your career and get a great jump on retirement and college savings. Having a well-established career will give you the flexibility to be able to be home when your adolescent child really needs a parent around.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Totally normal :) I went back to work when my son was 8 weeks old, and there are still days when it's hard to leave him, even though he's now staying home with his dad. I think it's awesome that your little man gets to stay with his grandmas! That should help make the transition easier, and try not to let him see you stress about it--if you're crying or making a fuss about leaving, he'll play off of that. If you can stay upbeat and cheerful (I know it's hard!!) it will help him. Good luck mama!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 9:31 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Honestly you are probably more nervous and concerned then he is. He will just think hey great I get to spend time with my grandma. I wish you luck. I still get nervous about leaving mine and I have been working since she was 6 weeks old and she is almost 2 now.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I stayed home for 9 months and to be honest I cried more than he did. I was a nervous wreck for the first few days but I got over it! lol. Plus you are alowing them to spend more time with you LO. I know you love him or you wouldn't be so concerned but it will give you alittle free time. When I went back to work I didn't think I would be able to bear being away from him but after about a week I started to enjoy going to work! Plus going back to work will be easier for both of you now than if you wait any later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 19, 2010

• THANK YOU LADIES
    js3mommy

Comment by js3mommy (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2010