Why would one go to hell for an abortion?

IF they ask for forgiveness? Isn't this an entirely false statement....especially after the number of times I've heard that murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc would STILL go to heaven after accepting Jesus?!
So could someone please explain why people say "you will burn in hell if you get an abortion", besides the obvious fear tactic.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:09 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because they are heartless idiots who have never helped or talked to a women who went through one. Most have been bullied or or talked down and told they should there is no other way. Now the people that push abortions on women in their weakest time could be another story. But we cannot and should not ever you will burn in hell. That is only for God to say. Remember what you hold on this earth will be held in Heaven and what you judge will judged against you tenfold.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:32 AM on May. 18, 2010

• i've always believed forgiveness and repentence were personal, my businesss-not yours kind of thing. i don't know why, other than blind ignorance, anyone would say that. how would anyone know what my repentence was? when you receive forgiveness, after asking for it, you are forgiven wholly, not just for one or two things.
    i'm suddenly reminded of delmar's (oh brother where art thou?) forgiveness/baptism scene, where he's been reminded of various crimes he's committed... ''nope, preacher said i's forgiven for that, too!'' LOL! (i love that movie!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:09 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Because.............God is a merciful and forgiving God :)
    okjb79

Answer by okjb79 at 8:14 AM on May. 18, 2010

• "Because.............God is a merciful and forgiving God :) "

This doesn't answer my question at all.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:57 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Wow I am Tired I left a few words out of my response. I hope you got the gist of it.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:08 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I believe Jesus covers all wrongs, including abortion, but one must believe in Him to experience that grace.

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:35 AM on May. 18, 2010

• "So could someone please explain why people say "you will burn in hell if you get an abortion", besides the obvious fear tactic"

Because they are immature, unloving and lack tact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 18, 2010

• my religion dont believe in hell but does respect life.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:47 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Anyone who repents and is baptized in the name of his son Yahshua, will be washed clean and forgiven. They will no longer be under the judgment of the law, but under grace so that they can over come their sinful natures and be made Holy because Yahweh is Holy. Yahshua died for all sins, not certain sins. The Good News is not hell. It is everlasting life, in a perfect new world along side our creator and his son forever! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:00 AM on May. 18, 2010

• They wouldn't if they were sincerely repentant and sorry for the abortion. But you can't know its wrong, have the abortion, then say "Oh God , forgive me" when you had every intent on doing it, and really aren't sorry. Just ASKING forgiveness does NOTHING... it is the condition of your heart.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:53 PM on May. 18, 2010