Does any one know if you can lay your baby on their side to burp?

I breast feed and I was told you can let your baby lay on the side after feeding to burp. I don't know how true that is.

nikkimia

Asked by nikkimia at 7:18 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since gas bubbles have to rise to the top of the baby it exits through their mouth, I am thinking that sitting the baby up, like I did, or putting baby over your shoulder, would be needed.

Answer by Bmat at 7:23 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Well surprisingly that was the only way that I could get my daughter to burp. I tried so many different positions and would try for quite a while. Then when I lay her on her side and rub her back out it comes!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:06 AM on May. 18, 2010

• There are all kinds of positions to burp! My son did best lying on my lap, on his stomach or sitting up, with me supporting his chin and rubbing his back.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:11 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I dont see why not. With my son i had to lay him over my knees bounce my legs and pat his back. Just do what works for you. But there is more of a chance that they will spit up if they are not straight up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Thanks u
    nikkimia

Answer by nikkimia at 3:05 AM on May. 19, 2010