What is the difference between this and magick? (5)

2 Kings 2:23-24
Talks about a boy being picked on so he puts a curse on them in the name of God.

Is this "black" magick?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:19 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:19 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Wow, that is pretty awful But I guess it's ok if you do it in the name of the right God.

.Eveningstar.

Answer by .Eveningstar. at 8:09 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I see no believers have an answer for you... interesting.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:16 AM on May. 18, 2010

• First off, Magick has NO Color! There is no such thing as Black or White magick. Magick is simply energy. Like electricity it has the power to do both good and evil, but it itself is neither. It's up to the one who is using it to use it for good or evil.

Now, that stated, I don't know this scripture by heart, nor do I have the time to read through the chapter. So I will make a very general comment here... IF this child was truly cursing people, it wouldn't matter which God he asked for help, it would be a negative action. Many Magickal practitioners use a God or Goddess in their workings, and they ask to be assisted or even to be lent extra energy for the doings. I don't see why it would matter WHICH God they call on, if you are doing good - it's good... IF you're doing bad - it's bad... God or no... It's the intent that counts, which clearly here was negative.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:28 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I"m not answering for the same reason I don't answer a certain fanatical christian on here. If things don't go her way or a question is asked to try to understand the orginal question better. She just closes the question. Ask something that you really want to know the answer to without going off on your own agenda and I might. Plus I'm tired and i need more coffee
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:46 AM on May. 18, 2010

• And yet again this question seems to be assuming that ritual is the same thing as a religion - it' isn't. People of all different religions use rituals - we are a physical perople living in a physical world and rituals help us understand and expereince things. Glossing over differences and pretending that in the end all beliefs are the same is not real tolerance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OLDERMOMOF5 if you have an issue with ME and my QUESTIONS then be an adult about it... Dont get all emotional just b/c I closed a question like 1-2 wks ago and you didnt get the recognition you thought you deserved. It really isnt that serious, or is it? Do you really feel that threatened by my presence here that you have to propagate why anyone should NOT answer my questions? There are other women on this site besides you (and your beliefs). And many more willing to think for themselves. Tell you what...I respect you, you respect me, and we can call ourselves ADULTS, oldermomof5. Dont like what I have to say...well, you know what you can do.

blowing kisses

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:01 AM on May. 18, 2010

• And to anon 9:42 - you are right. ." People of all different religions use rituals. " "Glossing over differences and pretending that in the end all beliefs are the same is not real tolerance."

However, I dont see where in my question I suggested that religion and ritual were the same. I'd like to know who is pretending that all beliefs are the same. Glossing over differences is a very informative way to understand common grounds and separation. How do you know if you dont ask?

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:06 AM on May. 18, 2010

• And let's not forget Moses and the magic tricks he performed in the Egyptian court with his magic staff. Or St. Paul's curse upon Bar-Jesus which magically blinded him, nor St. Peter's curse upon Sapphira and her husband that killed both of them instantly. Apparently, black magic is permitted in the bible--but only if you're a male!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• giver the bible verse you are notorious for taking things out of contents.

and I agree with oldermom
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 2:36 PM on May. 18, 2010