Do you believe our dreams can help us to understand the lives of others?

I often have dreams about events that have happened or are happening at the time I am dreaming it OR things that WILL happen. I've been this way my entire life.
Last night, however, I had a dream as if I were another person. I was in a room with a bunch of people, some kind of public event. I was there with my GIRLfriend/partner....not my DH. We were there, holding hands, and she was holding our baby.
Then the person officiating the event, came over and seperated our hands and forced me to move away from my "parnter". The anguish I felt over not being able to sit, holding hands with her was overwhelming. I was bawling, tears overflowing at the pain I felt about just wanting to be there with her.
When I woke up, I felt like this was a chance for me to TRULY see and feel the side of things from gay people's perspective.
Has this ever happened to you? WDYT?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:32 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• in a subconscious sort of way, yeah. i've dreamed of people/events that really, i thought, had nothing to do with my everyday life..but we're all connected, no matter how much we argue or deny it. we're here on the same planet, in the same country, our houses are on the same street, etc.. no man is an island.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:01 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Perhaps this actually happened to you in a past life.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:15 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I was wondering that as well IhartU.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:58 AM on May. 18, 2010

• IA dullscissors....we are ALL "One" and connected. Which is why I believe what one does, effects all. The ripple effect, so to speak.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:59 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Yes. It is a useful insight, isn't it? Knowing how strongly I feel about my husband, I can understand my gay friend's desire to be legally united with her partner.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:25 PM on May. 18, 2010