In biblical terms, what is a lot?

Such as in proberbs 18:18

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:36 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• In drawing lots--like in a throw of the dice--you let fate decide what action you take in a certain situation. It was the drawing of lots that decided which of the Roman soldiers got Jesus' personal clothing and effects. Israelite priests used lots to figure out what action god wanted them to take in religious matters like in how many of the captured virgins god would get and how many the Israelite soldiers would get for sexual slaves and so on. You know. Divination!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:21 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Hey thats an informative link. Thanx! Why did you go anon?
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:51 AM on May. 18, 2010

• The people back then did this a lot. They did this as a sort of divination from what I understand. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:54 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Lot is a man whose wife was turned into a pillar of salt for lookiing back at the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah.

LOL Sorry I couldn't help myself. Will research it later.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Haha!
    I was waiting for that one, lol.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:37 AM on May. 18, 2010

• When they chose the new 12th disciple they cast lots as well. I wouldnt call it divination but a way to make a decision.
    Do you remember as a child deciding who was it and you put out your fists and sang Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers let him go, My mother says to pick the very best one, And you are it ? Well same thing just with fists instead of straws or sticks :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:35 PM on May. 18, 2010