Do you find this funny or offensive?

Freedom of speech doesn't mean we all can't weigh in with opinions..

So what do you think of this 'Family Guy' episode?

Standing in front of the Memorial are two Vietnam Vets and a Vietnamese man who calls the Memorial a “scoreboard” and says “aw, what happened to your friends? Hey I know that guy, I killed him, he cried like a bitch. Vietnam! Undefeated!”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:44 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is just plain stupid.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:02 AM on May. 18, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:45 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Neither. I think it's in extremely poor taste - but those men on that monument died in part to protect our constitutional rights. One of those rights is freedom of speech. I won't watch that show in general, this is just another example of why.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:48 AM on May. 18, 2010

• The only thing I find funny in the video clip is the Obama Monument, lol.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Based on what's in the video I think it's mostly offensive to Vietnamese people. It's not even a caricature of a real stereotype, so it's not funny. However, I think reading the description of it makes it sound far worse than it really is as a passing 3 seconds of video that are just throwaway lines that have nothing to do with the story of the show.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 AM on May. 18, 2010

• offensive
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:54 AM on May. 18, 2010

• It's in poor taste. But I did have to chuckle at the obama monument too.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:56 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Family Guy and South Park to me are not funny. They are shock tv much like Howard Stern is shock radio. Meant to stir up and not entertain. Don't watch either and really don't care.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:02 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Personally, I don't think anything on Family Guy or by Seth McFarlan is funny.

I think they just want to say the most shocking and offensive thing possible because they think that is what humor is, and I think they're wrong. If the point is to be shocking, and I know you're trying to shock me, how can I be shocked? I think shock humor is past it's prime.

I have no problem with political humor, but this isn't even that. It's in poor taste, it's unfunny, and honestly yes I think it's disrespectful to the lives lost in Vietnam.

Regarding this statement:
    "I think reading the description of it makes it sound far worse than it really is as a passing 3 seconds of video that are just throwaway lines that have nothing to do with the story of the show."

This stupid show never has a cohesive story line anyway.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Lame
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:40 AM on May. 18, 2010