Ex-Obama pastor: 'Obama threw me under the bus'

NEW YORK – The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, said in a letter obtained by The Associated Press that he is "toxic" to the Obama administration and that the president "threw me under the bus."

In his strongest language to date about the administration's 2-year-old rift with the Chicago pastor, Wright told a group raising money for African relief that his pleas to release frozen funds for use in earthquake-ravaged Haiti would likely be ignored.

"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration," Wright wrote the president of Africa 6000 International earlier this year.

Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think Rev Wright is toxic to America. I just wish O would have "seen the light" because he really saw it, not because his advisors told him it was there.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Obama referred to Wright as "A member of my family". Then he denounced him when he became a liability. He certainly treats his family well. *sarcasm*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 18, 2010

• He did. Of course the Rev. Wright would be mad... I would be too. Obama was there for years and never said a word- only when it was convenient politically did he walk away. I imagine that Rev. Wright was excited to help Obama become elected- the potential for power and influence would have been astronomical. To put forth that much effort and to publicly slandered? I'd be angry too.

Not that I'm unhappy about the move- Rev Wright is an extremest and a very angry person. But from his point of view- I can see where Obama would be on the bottom of the list. lol
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Well, Obama also wrote off his own white mother and grandmother, when it was "inconvenient" to be mixed race, and question who he was! Yet they were "the most wonderful, influential people in his life" when it came time to garner votes! Par for the course! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:28 AM on May. 18, 2010

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on May. 18, 2010

So wonderful he checked the black-african american box on his census.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 18, 2010

• So wonderful he checked the black-african american box on his census.

***
    Conveniently he claimed his "6% Tribal African" lineage when it was most convenient! Typical.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:45 AM on May. 18, 2010

• IMO he should have thrown him under the bus the first time he heard one of the good reverend's hate filled speeches. Too little to late as far a I am concerned.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:59 AM on May. 18, 2010

• LOL To bad he didn't do it till it was politically necessary
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:14 AM on May. 18, 2010