WHERE IS MY UNICORN???????

I've been waiting by the mailbox for nearly 2 years now and it's still not here!!!!!
And in other news, more doctors are dropping Medicare like an ugly ex-gf:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7009807.html
"Two years after a survey found nearly half of Texas doctors weren't taking some new Medicare patients, new data shows 100 to 200 a year are now ending all involvement with the program."

Are we hoping or changing?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:27 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:27 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Here ya go! LOL

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0O2CPGcOPk0/So_VnqHPV2I/AAAAAAAAEmM/ifm5X6-Nijc/s400/Fearless+Reader+Astride+His+Skittg-WShitting+Unicorn.jpg

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:30 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Lori.. YOu owe me a new keyboard..... ROTFL....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:47 AM on May. 18, 2010

• ................make that 2 keyboards!!!!! LMAO!

We only have a handful of doctors in town that are still taking it and they aren't taking new patients with it. I suppose in a year or 2 the elderly will start dropping like flies. A mass die off would certainly take care of that little Social Security problem. :(
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:55 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Oh wow, I wondered where this white horse with the swirly horn came from. It sure eats a lot. I see this is a Houston article.Do you nlive in the area, maybe it was delivered to me by mistake. LOL

I live outside of Houston. My Dr is great, though he is in his 60s now. I hope he doesn't retire because of this hc bill. His office stopped taking all but one certain medicare advantage plan years ago. All the medicare people were given the chance to change to this plan and they even had meetings for the elderly so they would understand it. I suspect that will go away too since Obama is wanting to cut so much from medicare advantage. I see the elderly having to change their plans, change their drs and having to pay more in the end. Something Obama said just wouldn't happen.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I've learned not to drink in front of the computer around you girls!

I've nothing to say, but, "told ya so!" (obviously, not you personally, NP)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:32 AM on May. 18, 2010

• It's not a surprise, it's happening in my area as well. My mom is on Medicare, and finding a doctor for her is difficult. Unfortunately, the doctors who are left who take new Medicare patients are frequently the very ones you don't want to see. Bad reputations, drinking problems, etc.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:36 AM on May. 18, 2010