Does this sound bad?

My son was climbing over our deck railing (something he is not supposed to do) So my DF picked him up (under his arms) and put him back over the deck to make him use the stairs. My son then fell and must have landed on his arm, he complained a little, we gave him ice and Tylenol and he seemed ok but not great-he couldn't bend his elbow all the way. I didn't bring him to the dr right away because I thought it was fine even though DF wanted to bring him to the ER. The next day, he seemed to feel better but still wasn't moving it. So we brought him to the urgent care center and they x-rayed it and think he might have a fracture (will find out for sure after seeing a specialist).

Does this sound bad? Like will my son's father (who already dislikes my DF) try to use this as my DF doing something wrong by putting him back on the other side of the deck, or as me doing something wrong by not taking him to the ER right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Um, I wouldn't worry yourself over nothing
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:34 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Legally I don't think there is much he can do but what's up with DF? Why won't he let the boy just be a boy? Climbing over a deck is part of the fun of being a kid.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:35 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP here: lol admckenzie, I said the same thing! His biggest concern is that the deck is REALLY old, the kids have both gotten splinters on it and he is just afraid the railing might just snap off one day if someone is climbing on it. We really want to replace it, but it is not our house so we haven't done it yet...still waiting for permission! He does have a tree house to climb in and he can climb trees and stuff. But the deck is just on this hill and it just makes DF nervous. But now he feels really bad!

I am relaxing more about it, I just get nervous because my ex can be a jerk and he doesn't think about DS when he says things. DS loves my DF (we have been together longer than my DS even knows, he doesn't remember not living with DF) and it hurts his feelings when his dad says bad things about him, just like it would hurt his feelings if we said something bad about his dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 18, 2010

• The only thing that looks bad is you not taking him ti the ER when he couldn't move his arm.Your DF was trying to make him walk down the right way LIKE he should have,but had an accident.Defend you DF. Thats all you can do for now.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP here: I should just clarify a little...he couldn't move his arm the first day, but the second day he could move it more. I thought it was like a pulled muscle because he wasn't complaining about it unless he bent it. If he just left it alone, it wasn't hurting him at all. If he was in pain or complaining, I definitely would have taken him sooner! I couldn't fit all of that in the orig. question!

Thanks for the answers :) I will relax more about it. Stuff happens..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 18, 2010