My husband gets so upset if I don't hear him or pay attention to him when he goes shopping BUT..

When I say something to him he pretends to listen to me. Later when he has to show he heard me he makes things up. Not just sometime but all the time he does this. I am not naggy at all to him. I don't talk a lot either. Infact I am told I should talk more. Even by him but he doesn't listen to me. When we go shopping he says he wants to help me look because I hate to shop but he loves it. But I will tell him I don't like something and he won't hear me. So he will spend the rest of the time trying to get me to get things I don't like because he thinks I said I like them. I am thinking it is too hard to be in the same room together anymore because it is always like this. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Seems like an easy fix. Pay attention and speak up while you shop together. We don't always like things our partner likes but we should make a genuine effort. And shopping doesn't seem like such a horrible punishment anyways.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:44 AM on May. 18, 2010

• OP: My POINT here is not that I am rude when we go shopping. I am saying that I don't ignore him on purpose. But he pretends to listen to me. It is on purpose that he does that. So then why does he behave so sensitively if I for some reason don't hear him, That is silly.
    Anonymous