Nursery Themes?

My DH left the nursey choices up to me so im trying to figure out a theme.
For a girl ive though butterflies (not sure how easy that will be)
For a boy i thought maybe just animals ?
Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• we done tinker bell theme in our dd rooms
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I have 3 children, 2boys and 1 girl. They all had the same theme, since I used the same stuff for all of them. I did Moons and Stars. With my oldest I had a crib set that was a mainly yellow plaid with blue, green and pink in it. For the boys, I played up the blue accessories and for my daughter I played up the pink. My oldest's room was white with stars and moons stenciled around the window, doorways and around the top as a border. We moved before the next was born so with her room (and eventually the youngest) I did yellow and white stripes all around the room and left a 6 inch white border at the top. I got the stars and moons wallies and did the border with them. Good luck!!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 10:02 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Before we found out that we were having a girl, we had decided to do Winnie the Pooh. Just because it will go for either, and since i'm pregnant again, i'm sure we will be doing baby looney tunes or something. Good Luck
    Scoots255

Answer by Scoots255 at 10:14 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree, do something gender neutral, it is easier than redoing it next time around. For my DD I did EVERYTHING in pink and brown, it was so super cute, but when I got preg with number two who just HAD to be a boy :-) I had to redo it so that he wasn't completely demasculized by the pink. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Do you have more than one bedroom? I would only do gender neutral if you only have one bedroom, if the next baby will get it's own room, or if you are only having one then that doesn't matter. I would suggest going to the store or looking online to see what is available, unless you are going to stencil it yourself. I wanted something with kitties for my daughter but as far as I could find it didn't exist, except for Hello Kitty. I thought Hello Kitty would look terrible, but we found a really cute lavender Hello kitty set at Baby Depot.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:40 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Oh, as far as the crib set, I just bought the wall paper and room decoration stuff and two sheets. I didn't buy the expensive bedding since you aren't supposed to use bumpers or comforters anyway. And my boys are in a seperate room from my girl, so I needed different decorations anyway. We had snoopy for our boy set.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:44 AM on May. 18, 2010

• ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:34 AM on May. 18, 2010