am i the only one? i hope not.

am i the only one with a 5yr old that doesnt listen well and has started being whiny?
she is driving me crazy and i dont know what to do to get her to stop nothing so far has worked. i am almost 36wks pregnant maybe some of it is she is jealous of her brother on the way and she is acting out doing it early? i dont know.anyone else dealing with a kid like this at all.tips,advice?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 9:56 AM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My SD (we have full custody, she only sees her BM a couple times a year) got really whiny at 6...I thought it was the changes going on (around the time her BM was leaving), she is almost 7 and it has started getting better, but I think she is just a whiny person.

I have tried a lot. The best things that work are just not acknowledging it, not answering her. If she whines I just say "I can't understand you right now" and she usually stops and tries again. Or I just walk away. I refuse to answer her when she whines at me. I don't give her what she wants. She is learning that acting like a big kid is better.

I hope it works out for you, it's hard to go through, especially with the new baby, she might do it more. But if you make the new baby a fun thing for her (big sister it up!! make being a big sister sound like the best thing EVER!!!) maybe you can avoid most of the baby behavior! Good luck! :)
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 10:06 AM on May. 18, 2010