What should I do?? I'm going crazy!!

My daughter is only 5 months old, and my husband keeps feeding her ridiculous things that she is WAY to young for. He gives her sips of mountain dew, cake icing, orange juice and the other day I caught him giving her a lil taste of bacon grease!!!!!!! I have yelled at him and told him that its not good for her. I dont know what else to say to him to make him stop. ITs sad when i cant trust my own husband around our kid..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tichelle we aren't talking apples, bananas, or even rice or table food (table food is miles better than jarred). He's feeding the baby GREASE and SUGAR.

I wouldn't leave her alone with him if he's going to be an idiot.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Men are total jerks! Next time you bring her for her Pediatricians appt. Make him come with you and ask the Dr. Just say "Is it Ok to give her tastes of (whatever he has been giving her) and see what the Dr. says so he can hear it for himself. Or tell him you just heard about a baby getting very very ill that required Hospitalization from being given (you add the food). Sometimes you have to fib a little to wise them up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 18, 2010

• i'd kill him
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:51 PM on May. 18, 2010

• my hubby would be a dead man. maybe all it's going to take is him giving your baby an upset tummy and when she throws up all over him, he'll get it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:15 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I have 4 kids and none of them have died from the taste of some food. We started them early on tasting things. And they are now great eaters and very health eaters. Don't worry it will not kill your child. Before the invention of baby food kids were feed what the family had. Now get this even worse the mother would sometimes chew the food and give it to the baby. Straight out of the mothers mouth!! Don't get so up tight. He is not giving the baby a leg of lamb. He will not kill the baby!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 3:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree with tichelle. My 4 kids were also given tastes of all kinds of things at early ages. They're all fine and healthy. Granted, the taste of bacon grease is gross, but it's not going to kill the baby - maybe give her a tummy ache, but not kill her.
    Anonymous