What are some of the signs that a man is ready to propose marriage ?

What are some of the obvious signs that a man has been thinking of popping the question ? What makes a man make the decision to commit ?

RedheadMom02

Asked by RedheadMom02 at 10:55 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• He actually proposes?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:57 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Well every guy drops hints differently I think. My husband wasnt to settle about it. He just kept talking about having kids and if I wanted to be with him forever.
    hayliesmommy20

Answer by hayliesmommy20 at 10:57 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Or he doesn't freak out whenever you mention marriage.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:58 AM on May. 18, 2010

• if you mention it to him and he is actually willing to talk about it instead of shying away from the topic
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 AM on May. 18, 2010

• He's on one knee at a nice restaurant with something "sparkelly" in his hand???
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 11:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• looking at rings
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:27 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I would think you would have already discussed marriage and you are thinking in that direction. He may act sneaky and wierd because he's looking for a ring. If he goes out to eat with your parents alone he might be asking permission.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:36 AM on May. 18, 2010

• 1) Sells his St. Pauli Girl neon beer sign on eBay
    2) Trades in his subscription to Playboy for one to Architechtural Digest
    3) Opens a saving account at an actual bank instead of throwing all his spare change in an old water cooler bottle
    4) Asks permission of the female in the equation BEFORE arranging a golf-and-gambling weekend in Vegas with his old frat buddies
    5) Deliberately knocks down an elderly uncle in order to catch a flying garter at a wedding
    6) Programs "Supernanny" into the Tivo
    7) Owns a vacuum cleaner that isn't a wet-dry shop vac
    8) Puts the futon out by the curb and buys a real bed with matching sheets and pillowcases
    9) Gives his old "little black book" to his socially-challenged nephew
    10) No longer considers his greatest accomplishment to be Steadiest Keg Stand Spring Break 2000
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:39 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Fistandantalus, that is a hilariously great list.
    Anonymous

• When my DH asked me I had no clue. We'd talked about it before, something for the future I thought. Until Valentines Day (well the night before) we went out for dinner. The whole night he was acting strange, so at that point especially once dinner was finished and he hadn't said a word to me that something was up. Sure enough he took up to this spot that over looks the city, and asked me to marry him.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:02 PM on May. 18, 2010