How to detect Lies

What are some of the biggest signs that someone is lying to you ? Is it easier for some to read a dishonest person than others ?

RedheadMom02

Asked by RedheadMom02 at 10:58 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Once I know a person for a while who has repeatedly lied to me, It's easy for me to know the signs. If I don't know them wel enough, it's not as easy. I heard on the radio if people say I AM NOT instead of I'm not, that usually means their lying.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:44 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Huge signs: When the story doesn't make logical sense, when there are irrelevant details included and when the storyteller's eyes go up and to the right when they talk.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:27 PM on May. 18, 2010

• When they look to the left they are using the creative part of their brain indicating a potential lie. If they look to the right they are using the logical part of the brain. F they look nervous, they could be lieing as well.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:55 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Well, it has been my experience that two people you should trust most in the world have lied to me. I don't know if I trusted too much at the time, but I had no idea in the moment that they lied to me. Now, I assume everyone lies to me. Not to sound bitter, but.I never trust anyone 100%. If you think something is up, listen to your gut.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:28 PM on May. 18, 2010