Cheating Gene / Sex Addiction ?

Ok ladies do you believe what news is out there about this so called "cheating gene" ? Do you believe that someone could have an addiction to sex ? Or do you think its just an excuse for someones partner to stray with out any recourse ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• excuse.. there is always a choice.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 11:04 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Excuse.

So if a man has a "cheating gene" we could put him in a room filled with sexy women who all have HIV, and he just HAS to be with them? I think human logic would outway any urges. That's why we have all of these meds that don't fix people. Because we make up disorders to excuses our actions.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 11:05 AM on May. 18, 2010

• i know you can be addicted to sex but thats no excuse to cheat. You can still be addicted to sex and have sex with yourself or your partner
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:07 AM on May. 18, 2010

• hmmm. I dont know I think some people may really have a problem with it like alcoholics or anything else. Sure, there is a choice whether or not to cheat, but it's harder for some than it is for others. It's not something you are ever cured of either. This is not to say I would spend my time with a sex addict. I couldn't stay with someone who has that problem.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:16 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't know about a gene but I do know sexual addiction is real.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 AM on May. 18, 2010

• sex addiction, sure i believe, BUT that is not a reason to cheat. All this crap is a made up sorry excuse that I do not understand how any woman could believe. I agree with lisag a lot these "disorders" nowadays were made up.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:27 AM on May. 18, 2010

• i agree with some of the other ladies i do believe someone can have a sexual addiction but i don't think they HAVE to cheat
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:08 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Someone's been fishing for grant money.
    Anonymous

• I do think that some men like the idea of sleeping with other women more than others. I've always disagreed that ALL men cheat. I would not be surprised if it's true. I think that some men are just way hornier than others. Call it a "gene" thing if you want to, but it's really just a simple fact that all men are different & crave different things. Some men love just being with their wife, wile others need the excitement & attention when cheating. I'm glad i married a one woman man who does not have the sex drive of the energizer bunny. It's usually the SUPER horny men to can't help themselves. My husband might juat perfer his new good book over some four play...LOL!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:25 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't know about this gene, but I do think that sex can become an addiction, much like anything else in this life.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:43 PM on May. 18, 2010