baby dreft

did you guys use it i did with my first 2 then after 3 months just used our tide .... our walmart dosent sale it anymore i cant even find the all brand . i could order it but i hate waiting so do u think tide is gentle enough just wondering thanks ladies

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 11:03 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i did at first, since it is "pediatrician recommended", but it was nothing special. I just used our normal detergent with my sons clothes and never had a problem.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:06 AM on May. 18, 2010

• I LOVE Dreft! I love the way it gives my DD that 'baby' smell.... It's also delicate on her sensitive skin. I've found that the Target brand baby detergent smells just like Dreft and costs much less. I attempted to use Tide on her clothing a few times and she developed scaly, rough patches on her skin. So, I use Target Baby detergent on DD and Tide on mine and DH's clothing. You could probably use Tide Free on your child's clothing to avoid any allergic reactions to dyes or perfumes.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:08 AM on May. 18, 2010

• thank ladies
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:18 AM on May. 18, 2010

• You can also use any "free & clear" detergent if you're worried about sensitive skin reacting to dyes or perfumes. There is a detergent you can use called Rocking Green Soap. It's used mostly for cloth diapers, but it's made with natural ingredients, and you can use it on clothes too. They even come in some great scents, and is VERY inexpensive. I don't have the website available, but you an google it. They also sell some sample packages if you want to try it out. I found it's a much better financial deal than detergents in stores.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:57 AM on May. 18, 2010

• We use" free and clear all" on all of our clothes, except we dont add fabric softener to DD's Clothes. It works perfect and saves us $$$$.
    DeeCeeVee

Answer by DeeCeeVee at 12:54 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I always used our regular detergent on my baby's clothes. I can't stand the smell of Dreft!

Answer by missanc at 3:16 PM on May. 18, 2010