My Kiddo is bored of the foods I give him .. Ideas?

My son is a year old. He's bored of the foods I give him and I'm having trouble thinking of new foods to introduce to him. As of right now he eats:

He won't eat green beans or peas. He also won't eat most meats .. He does like Vienna Sausages, Hot Dogs, and lunch Meat (Roast Beef and Turkey).

He loves fruits, so he gets plenty of those. Will only eat Corn and Broccoli when it comes to veggies.

He's had a large varity of foods. From Cheeses to peanut butter on tortilla to baked beans. But I'm at a loss as to what new foods to introduce to him. Any ideas, ladies?

By the way he's been on solid foods since he turned a year old (Sept '09), so virtually all foods are open to him.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 11:17 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sons ped said too feed him what i eat but something i dont if they are spicyand some meats i dont either too tuff for him my son just turned one i give him baby food but he seems not care for it anymore. i give him istant grits. make him grilled cheese. gramcrakers . ceral yougurt . those r somethings hope i was some help
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 11:28 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Eggs! Beans, you can get canned beans like chick peas & Lima and warm them. Just don't overdo beans because of the gas factor. Waffles, Bananas, Ask your Dr. if he can have Peanut Butter yet. I give it to my son on a spoon and he thinks it's a lolly pop. Pasta with butter & Cheese in fun shapes. Mashed Potatoes. Hope this helps!

Anonymous

• Try sweet potato. It's sweet and healthy. Also try different kinds of squash. My daughter loved spaghetti squash with marinara sauce.
    Anonymous

• OP Here - I forgot my son loved the Yams at Thanksgiving. I'll have to get some of those. Beans are a great idea! Never thought of that outside of Baked Beans. He doesn't like Eggs though. DH and I don't either, so I guess that's where that comes from.

Thanks Guys! You were a lot of help!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• hummus
    mashed beans
    avocado
    tofu
    whole grain pasta (with steamed veggies and marinara sauce for dipping)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on May. 18, 2010

• He's great on veggies and fruit and that's what matters. I would try the following:

Limit high salt foods. Try grilled chicken and turkey. I know you said he doesn't like them , but I think it's a lot of packaged high salt foods you're giving as meat.
    Make whole wheat mac and cheese.
    Whole wheat quesadillas
    Make meatballs with veggies in them.

What about yogurt? what about quinoa mixed with berries? or even with yogurt?
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 5:45 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Feed him whatever you eat. At a year old, my kids were eating the same meals as the rest of the family. If we had tacos, we improvised - chopped all stuff up smaller and ripped a soft tortilla up instead of using a hard shell. If we had steak, the kiddo had another meat they could eat. If we had something spicy, I either took out a portion before adding the spice or gave them leftovers from a previous meal. I didn't give or make anything special once they ate table foods fine.
    Anonymous

• OP Here - More great ideas! Thanks for your help!!
    I do need to start feeding him more whole grain foods.
    I will also try grilled chicken. I gave him shredded chicken yesterday with potatoes and corn. I mised it with Cream of Mushroom soup and he devoured it up. Looks like my little guy prefers sauce over his meat, so I'll try that more.

Thank you all for your suggestions!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:57 AM on May. 19, 2010