So...one scripture/passage, one message?

Ok so for those of you who feel I personally take God's word out of context/content/etc. do you feel their is only ONE message/lesson to be learned or interpreted from the bible?

I remeber, in my 15 yrs of being a Christian, hearing Bishop Vaugh McGlaughlin (of Jacksonville, FL) speak on many different things from the same scriptures.

By the way GREAT MAN look him up...

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:32 AM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible is FULL of mystery... funny you asked this because I just read a chapter from a book I am reading on how God takes us to deeper levels of His word as we grow and continue to walk with Him relationally. Mmm powerful stuff.
    So no not all scripture has ONE message but the message it does have can go deep. Many Christians just read the surface. I love to go beyond that and go outside the box that God can never ever be contained in. Some scripture is very specific and thats what it means but there are others that are not. God instructs Christians to read the word daily, to chew on the word often and have it inscribed in our hearts deeply. Think of it this way, there are different ways to prepare meat and the flavor is different each time and you taste the different flavors and never tire of eat steak because there is something NEW to chew on. Same with the Word of God. The bible says TASTE and SEE that He is GOOD!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Here is a link to the church I grew up in, and if you are ever in FL, you should stop by.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:33 AM on May. 18, 2010

• How can there BE only one message? If there was, there wouldn't be so many denominations who get different meanings from the same scriptures.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:36 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Nope. Each scripture can unlock many mysteries of God's revelation. That's why we should read the bible a lot and pray for God to speak to us. I've read the same scripture many times and got different things from it. I love when that happens!
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 11:43 AM on May. 18, 2010

• What IHartU said. EVERYONE takes bible verses out of context. Yes, especially christians! Face it, godslaves, the meaning that you read into a certain verse could be completely different than the meaning the person next to you takes from the exact same verse. You put your own context on everything you read. You can't help it. Godslaves see their deity's justice in the murder of the Israelites who had worshipped the golden calf (Ex. 32:27-29), ordered by god himself by the way, and the slaughter of men, women, children, infants, the unborn and guiltless animals because they were "enemies" of the Israelites (Nu. 31:17-18, Dt. 3:6, Dt. 20 :16, Js. 6:21-27, and so on and etc.) I see a bloodthirsty, tempermental tyrant in those same verses--because I read what it is saying and NOT what I THINK it is saying.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:49 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Witchqueen but you fail to read the scriptures that tell WHO GOD is .. in the NT He is a loving God.. here let me post a passage for you and YOU tell me what you get out of it ok?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8&version=NASB

This is one of my favorite chapters of Romans.... you can either respond to me here or in pm ! :-)

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I must wonder if you are so sure in your beliefs why you question so much what others believe.
    Anonymous

• B/c this is a question forum for religion and beliefs. Im still learning and experiencing this life. I am open minded, and sure of that.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:00 PM on May. 18, 2010