the pampers dry max

what is all the fuss about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's a group of moms who are claiming that their babies got 'chemical burns' from the new formula. Which is not even a new formula, just a new method of applying the same absorbent material to the diaper. There have been some pretty solid accusations leveled against these moms of 'coaching' new complaints to use words like 'chemical burn' rather then rash.

As far as I'm concerned, it's silly. Every little butt is different, and not all babies can wear all diapers comfortably. My son cannot wear any swim diapers. He gets a horrible blistered, cracked rash. So we don't use them. I don't blame the manufacturer of the diapers for something that hundreds of thousands or millions of other children don't experience. It's like an allergy. It's not Planter's fault your kid can't eat peanuts, and it's not pamper's fault your kid can't wear their new diaper.
    Anonymous

• Sorry I have no clue I only use luvs. Love them and that's all we use.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 12:06 PM on May. 18, 2010

• some people are saying that thier kids are getting rashes from them. I just bought a box and when I opened them (about 30 minutes ago) I noticed there is no padding in the back. I don't know how that would keep my heavy wetter from leaking through the back panel when she is laying on her back.

I wish I hadn't opened them so I could take them back! They are expensive!! ($21.99 for 64 size 4)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:07 PM on May. 18, 2010

• That kind of sounds like they would be better for boys lol.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 12:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• VeronicaLee, I am SURE you can contact P&G directly and have all or some of your money refunded.
    Anonymous

• i was just wondering b/c i bought them and haven't had any problem, my son is a heavy wetter and they work fine and he does have sensitive skin & no rash ... i think ppl are being silly
    Anonymous

• . I don't see how you guys say you think people are being silly because this actually happened to my friends baby. and she was not being silly. her babys bottom was so bad he couldn't even sit down. his rash had alot of pus and it was bloody. it looked really painful. You women on here make alot assumption but i really seen what can happen. My friend stopped using them and the rash went away. so stop making assumption about other people because you don't know what really going on.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• All I know is that I've used Pampers on my DD since she was born. Then, several months ago, she began experiencing severe rashes (no change in soaps, foods, or any other exposure). I noticed that Pampers had removed the back padding in their new design, so I switched to Huggies. No more rash. Silly you say? I guess you are welcome to your opinion.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:23 PM on May. 18, 2010